A Special Place
Despite the remote location and small population, the Gunnison Valley is an ideal place for your business. This is a unique island in the Rockies with a highly educated and engaged community from neighbors to policy makers. All the amenities are in place — from available commercial and industrial land to year-round air transport and access to Western Colorado University apprentices. The stability of the local economy provides a strong foundation for business, as well.
Aside from all that, the Gunnison Valley possesses a magic you have to experience for yourself. Easy access to public lands and an immense trail system let you retreat and play. The place itself inspires innovative ideas and supports the resiliency you need to take on the challenges of growing a business.
What do we consider a viable business here? You name it — from the remote workforce, freelance agents, side hustles, farmers, and main street flair to the technology sector and small manufacturers driving national and global markets. The Gunnison Valley truly is committed to supporting business in its many forms.
Business Services for all Phases of Development
- Access to free 1:1 expert SBDC consultants
- Cowork access at the ICELab in Gunnison, Cement Creek Commons in CB South, and Evolve in Crested Butte.
- Active chambers of commerce in Gunnison and Crested Butte
- ICELab Accelerator programming
- Access to regional venture funds and Opportunity Zone funds
- Regular program support for everything from basic bookkeeping to IP security and refining for manufacturing efficiencies
- Region10 Enterprise zone SBA loan options
- Connection to local, regional and statewide lenders through ICELab and SBDC
Reach out and request assistance through WesternSBDC.org. A member of the SBDC team will contact you for an initial consultation to gauge how best we can serve your business goals and challenges.